Jordaan Surgical (JS) and the Surgical Weight Loss Centre (SWLC) are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988, and we are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws.
We will collect your personal information for the purpose of providing you with health care and directly related purposes, including but not limited to:
- For use by a multidisciplinary treating team;
- To liaise with health professionals, Medicare or your health fund;
- In an emergency where your life is at risk and you cannot consent;
- To maintain medical records as required under our policies and by law; or
- For other purposes required or permitted by law.
Personal information may be shared between JS, SWLC and other health care facilities and providers to coordinate your care. JS and SWLC may use or disclose your personal information to third parties to customise and deliver information to you about your care or future health needs under the premise that:
- You have consented;
- The use or disclosure is for a purpose directly related to providing you with health care and you would expect us to use or disclose your personal information in this way;
- We have told you that we will disclose your personal information to other organisations or persons; or
- We are permitted or required to do so by law.
Your information will be collected directly from your, unless in the event of an emergency, it may be collected from a relative or other health care provider.
You have the right to access your personal information. You can also request to amend your information should you believe it contains inaccurate information.