At the Surgical Weight Loss Centre, Dr Jordaan performs both primary and revisional procedures.
For patients undergoing either gastric sleeve, bypass or banding, our bariatric program fee includes the surgeon’s fees for the procedure and entry into our specialised bariatric program. As treatment is tailored to each individual patient, cost doesn’t play a role in deciding a course of action.
Bariatric Program Fee includes more than just the surgeon’s fee for the procedure. It includes the out-of-pocket costs for:
- The final pre-operative consultation with Dr Jordaan, our bariatric medical doctors & our bariatric nurses
- Hiatus hernia repair or removal of the gallbladders at the time of the bariatric procedure if necessary
- The Assistant Surgeon’s fee for the procedure
- All reviews in hospital by Dr Jordaan, our bariatric medical doctors & our baraitric nurses
- Bariatric case management by our bariatric nurses
- Support group sessions including Wellness Workshops
- 12 months of medical management by our Bariatric Medical Doctors
- 12 months of wellness coaching and lifestyle modification program (dieticians & coaches & nurses) *
- 24/7 access to medical care via our After Hours Urgent Care line
There is a wide variation in the options for revisional surgery. Your previous procedure and your medical circumstances will determine the optimal procedure for you. A quote will be able to be provided once the procedure has been determined.
Private Health Insurance
Dr Jordaan performs bariatric surgery for patients who have private health insurance that fully covers bariatric surgery.
Our current wait times for initial consultations are approximately two to three weeks. Surgery wait times are around two to three weeks
*the number of discounted LifeStyle Modification Sessions in the 12 months after surgery depends on the aftercare package you select.