At the Surgical Weight Loss Centre, we accept both insured and uninsured patients.
Treatment is tailored to each individual patient, you will be given a written estimate of fees outlining all upfront costs and rebates following the decision to proceed with surgery. There are multiple factors which can affect the cost of surgery, i.e. Hiatus hernia repair or removal of the gallbladder at the time of the bariatric procedure if necessary. Our upfront fee can vary between $5,670 to $10,000. For uninsured patients, our total fee will also include the assistant fee.
- Initial consultation with Dr Jordaan
- Education with a clinical nurse
- The final pre-operative consultation with Dr Jordaan & our bariatric nurse if required
- Initial consultation with a Dietitian
- All reviews in hospital by Dr Jordaan
- Bariatric case management by our bariatric nurses
- 2 week, 6 week, 3,6,9 and 12 month review with a Dietitian
- 24/7 access to medical care via our After Hours Urgent Care line
Other fees to consider include:
- Initial Dietitian Consultation and Review appointments at the 2 week, 6 week, 3,6,9 and 12 month points – These are important checkpoints to assist in your recovery and weight loss journey.
- Pre-surgical Gastroscopy – This is mandatory prior to surgery. You will be referred for this following your initial consultation.
- Anaesthetist and other specialists – Anaesthetist fees vary depending on your insurance status. Other specialist fees that may apply include the dietitian and psychologist fees. Rebates may be available from Medicare or your private health insurance.
- Hospital accommodation – The major component of the cost is attributed to your hospital stay. As bariatric procedures require costly specialised equipment, the cost of your surgery can be significantly high. With an adequate level of health insurance, your health fund will cover all, or the majority of, these costs.
- Pathology and radiology – Pathology and radiology fees will vary. These accounts are sent to you after surgery. Most blood tests are bulk billed.
For further information, contact us today to talk to one of our friendly staff.