At the Surgical Weight Loss Centre, we accept insured patients.
We have a fixed Bariatric Program fee for each of the primary procedures, including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass and gastric banding, which covers:
- The final pre-operative consultation with Dr Jordaan
- The pre-operative gastroscopy
- The surgeon’s fee
- The surgical assistant’s fee
- All reviews in hospital by Dr Jordaan
- All post-operative care by Dr Jordaan for 6 weeks following the procedure
- Two years of bariatric case management by our practice nurse
- 24/7 access to medical care if problems arise
- Support group sessions
Other fees to consider include:
- Anaesthetist and other specialists – Anaesthetist fees vary depending on your insurance status. Other specialist fees that may apply include the dietitian and psychologist fees. Rebates may be available from Medicare or your private health insurance.
- Hospital accommodation – The major component of the cost is attributed to your hospital stay. As bariatric procedures require costly specialised equipment, the cost of your surgery can be significantly high. With an adequate level of health insurance, your health fund will cover all, or the majority of, these costs.
- Pathology and radiology – Pathology and radiology fees will vary. These accounts are sent to you after surgery. Most blood tests are bulk billed.
For further information, contact us today to talk to one of our friendly staff.