- 1kg chicken thighs and drumsticks
- A mix of vegetables (like onions, garlic, carrots, celery, pumpkin and capsicum)
- Olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano)
- Wash and prep your preferred vegetables and cut into similar-sized pieces.
- Make a bed for the chicken pieces by arranging the vegetables on the bottom of a baking dish. Sprinkle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Rub the chicken drumsticks and thighs with olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper and place on top of vegetables.
- Bake for an hour at 180 degree or until chicken is done but still juicy.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and let them rest on a serving platter for 5-10 mins.
- While they rest, mix the vegetables in the baking dish and roast for 5-10 minutes longer if needed. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley