- 400g can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 300g skinless chicken, trimmed of fat eg. breast, thigh, or tenderloin
- 185ml can low fat evaporated milk
- Puree artichoke hearts in a food processor until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, garlic, nutmeg, chilli powder and stock to a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, place the chicken into the stock and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and dice.
- our the stock into a blender or food processor with the artichokes, chicken and parmesan cheese and puree. Whilst pureeing, slowly add the evaporated milk and continue to puree until soup is thin enough to drink through a thick straw.
- Place in a saucepan and heat before serving.
“YUM is all I need to say!”
– Sharon, gastric band
“I love it so much.”
– Tania, gastric sleeve