- 1 (about 220g) single chicken breast fillet
- 100g mung bean vermicelli
- 1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 8 small iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- Fill a large frying pan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add the chicken and simmer for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 15 minutes to cool. Shred the chicken into thin strips and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain well. Use kitchen scissors to cut into 3cm lengths.
- Add vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, celery, capsicum, and sesame seeds to the chicken. Whisk together the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a jug. Add to the chicken mixture and gently toss to combine.
- Spoon the noodle mixture among the lettuce leaves and serve immediately.
Nutrition Info Per Serve:
Saturated fat: 0.5g