- 1 onion, diced
- 1½ cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
- 3 cups pumpkin, diced
- ½ cup red lentils, washed
- ½ cup low fat evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- Place first 5 ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently until pumpkin is cooked and the lentils are tender approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Pour pumpkin mixture ‘into a blender or food processor and puree. Whilst pureeing, slowly add the milk and continue to puree until soup is thin enough to drink through a thick straw.
- Return to saucepan, stir peanut butter through whilst reheating, but do not boil.
“This was my favourite.”
– Danielle, gastric band
“Beautiful, I absolutely loved it.”
– Evelyn, gastric band
” Really nice.”
– Jo, gastric band
“Wholesome, very filling.”
– Tiffany, gastric band
“This is beautiful and hubby loved it.”
– Natalie, gastric band