- Oil spray
- ½ red onion, diced
- 200g beef, trimmed of fat, diced
- 35g packet salt reduced taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 400g no added salt, chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon no added salt tomato paste
- ¼ cup red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
- Heat a saucepan that has been sprayed with oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until soft.
- Add the beef and cook until the beef is starting to brown. Add the taco seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the water, tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until the beef is cooked, approximately 40 minutes.
- Add the beans and coriander to the soup and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Pour soup into a blender or food processor and puree until soup is thin enough to drink through a thick straw’.
- Serve with a tablespoon of natural yoghurt.