- Oil spray
- 2 small leeks, sliced (white part only, approx 1 cup)
- 2 small or 1 large potato, peeled and diced (approx 1 ½ cups)
- ½ stick celery, finely diced
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 ¼ cups low fat evaporated milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a saucepan that has been sprayed with oil. Add leeks and celery and cook over a low heat until soft, but not brown. Season with pepper and add potatoes.
- Stir in stock. Cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Pour soup into a blender or food processor and puree. Whilst pureeing, slowly add the milk and continue to puree until soup is thin enough to drink through a thick straw.
- Return to saucepan and reheat to serve, but do not boil.