- Oil spray
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups salt reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup red lentils, washed
- ½ cup capsicum, roasted, rinsed and diced
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons protein powder eg. Beneprotein® or Protifar®
- Heat a large saucepan that has been sprayed with oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook gently.
- Add sweet potato, zucchini, lentils and stock and simmer until the lentils are soft.
- Add the capsicum and remove from heat. Leave to cool slightly.
- Dissolve protein powder in milk.
- our soup into a blender or food processor and puree. Whilst pureeing, slowly add the milk mixture and lemon juice and continue to puree until soup is thin enough to drink through a thick straw.
- Return to saucepan and reheat gently to serve.