- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1-2 stalks lemongrass or 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves or 1 tablespoon shredded kaffir lime leaves
- 200g tofu, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger, thinly sliced or 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 chilli or 1-2 teaspoons chilli sauce, to taste
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, preferably shitake, chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy or pak choy
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup coconut flavoured, low fat evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup fresh basil or coriander, roughly chopped
- Combine stock, lemongrass, ginger, kaffir lime, chilli and garlic. Bring to the boil and boil for a few minutes, until fragrant. Add mushrooms, bok choy and tomatoes and simmer gently until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the tofu, evaporated milk, soy sauce coriander, stirring to combine. Add more chilli if required.
- Remove from heat and put soup into a blender or food processor and blend until soup is smooth enough to drink from a thick straw.
- Serve warm.