- Oil spray
- 250g lean mince eg. premium or extra trimmed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1½ cups no added salt tomato juice
- ¼ cup cooked red kidney beans
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup salt reduced vegetable stock
- Heat a large saucepan that has been sprayed with oil. Brown mince, onion, garlic and celery, breaking the mince into small pieces whilst cooking.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently until carrot is tender.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor until soup is thin enough to drink through a thick straw.
- Return to saucepan and reheat to serve.