- 1 cup French green lentils
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 short cut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 large celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- Baby basil leaves, to serve
- Place lentils in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 min or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes cut side up, on the tray. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil. Season. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add white vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low. Use a large spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Carefully add eggs, 2 at a time, to the centre of the whirlpool and poach for 3 minutes for a soft yolk. Drain eggs on paper towel.
- Divide lentil mixture among serving bowls. Top with a poached egg, a dollop of pesto and basil leaves.
Nutrition info per serve:
Saturated fat: 3.6g