- Oil spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175g short cut bacon , trimmed and chopped (approx 135g once trimmed)
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a saucepan that has been sprayed with oil. Add onion, garlic and bacon, and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, peas and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly. Add parmesan cheese and season with black pepper.
- Pour soup into a blender or food processor and puree until soup is thin enough to drink through a thick straw.