My name is Leonne Boyd-Skinner.
I have multiple sclerosis and have been in and out of a wheelchair for many years, putting on 5kg each time I was wheelchair bound.
At my worst I was bed ridden and could only turn my head.
It has now been 15 months since I struggled up the stairs to attend Dr Jordaan’s patient information evening. Scared I would be the fattest in the room I remember sitting there looking at the food, too terrified to try it in case I was judged, and heading to the back seats hoping no one would notice me.
Today it has been 14 months since I had my gastric sleeve. So much has changed since then:
- I have gone from a size 20 to a size 6
- From Fat to Fit. Instead of sitting in a chair I am now competing in 5k, 8k, 10K runs. I recently came in under an hour in an 8k and am looking at starting Gold Coast Bariathletes
- From Plus size to Petite. You don’t even realise how much it effects you until you’re in Target one day and realise the plus sizes don’t fit. Now you’re standing in Target crying happy tears like a complete nutter!
- I have not an MS Attack since my surgery.
- I am healthier then I have been in my entire adult life
- I now run business seminars and feel confident enough to speak in public.
Reasons for my success:
- Supportive husband. Without my husband’s ongoing support I would not be where I am today
- Supportive team at Jordaan Surgical
- Meal preparation
- Always remembering the plate!
My only regret is not doing it sooner.
Jorrie Jordaan is officially one of my favourite people on the planet. He and his team have helped me turn my life around and start living life again.
A massive thank you to the team at Jordaan Surgical.